Sunday, October 27, 2013

Daddy Daughter Date

This Friday we had a daddy-daughter date, since we haven’t had one in a while.  We did it with my Uncle Scott and my cousins, Megan and Jennie.  We went golfing at Trafalga first.  Then we went to Scott’s house and had taco’s for dinner.  They were soooo good.  After we were done, we sat around and played games and told Calvin and Hobbes jokes.  Then we ate the chocolate cheesecake that I made earlier.  It was really nice just to be together. 

Yesterday I did swim practice in the morning for an hour, made a Christmas countdown chain, helped Abbie clean our room, and finished an essay for English. 

For school this year, I am doing high honors again.  High Honors is a 30 hour extra curricular project in a subject area of your choice.  Last year I did a visual arts project.  This year I am doing a foods project.  My Aunt Rachel is going to be helping me because she is a chef and knows just about everything about food.  Tomorrow I am going to job shadow her starting at 5 in the morning.  She is a chef at the new MTC.  I am also going to learn how to cook some basic foods, make meals for my family for a week (for practice), and make a cook book with all my favorites in it.  It’s going to be fun!

Hope you all have an awesome week!

1 comment:

Julie said...

So glad we got to share the leftover cheesecake :-) Yummy! And I can't wait for the cookbook.