Thursday, June 28, 2012

Me and Memin Mouse

Don’t ask, I’ll just tell you. 

Memin began when Neil didn’t want to get in his car seat.  I can still remember my cousin Karina’s friend Brown Mouse, and figured I give it a shot.  I asked him if he wanted to hold a mouse, and he could if he got in his car seat.  He promptly hopped in.  I told him to hold out his hands, and when he did, pretended to hold out a mouse.  Figuring that this new imaginary friend would need a name, I dubbed her Memin. 

Two nights ago we were reading scriptures and Neil was running all over the place squealing and playing with Spencer.  They were having so much fun that he did not want to sit down and be quiet.  I asked him if he wanted to hold Memin he had to sit down and be quiet.  He said “ I hold Lemon!” “No Neil, it’s Memin.”  “ I hold Memin!”.  He kept repeating this over and over and over and over again.  It was really funny. 

I know it sounds really little kiddish, but hey, it worked!

3 comments:

hwg2g2 said...

That is so awesome! I am glad it worked! I used to tell Uncle David to lay down for his nap because the daddy monsters would get him if he got out of bed and he needed to hold the baby monsters. He would hold and pet those baby monsters till he fell asleep. Good times, I wish that would work on Alexander?!

Nicci Mahone said...

AWW! Cute Name!

Julie said...

You are so clever.....and fun!