Saturday, December 10, 2011

For Misty

As most of you know, our family bought two love birds about 7 months ago.  I was the one who wanted them, so I was put in charge of them.  Their names were Romeo and Juliette, but we called them Kiwi and Misty.  About a month ago Misty laid 3 beautiful little white eggs.  But after a month, they showed no signs of hatching, and the cage was starting to smell, so Mom told me to clean their cage, and we would take the eggs out one at a time, so that Misty wouldn’t notice.  Mom got the cage out and went out of the room.I took the nesting box out, and set it on the open door of the cage.  Kiwi ran out of the nesting box and sat on the top of the cage.  I opened the cage to see how Misty was doing.  I expected to see her looking up at me with that protective look like she always does when I open the nesting box.  But she was just sprawled out at the bottom.  Her eyes were blank, and she was not moving.  I yelled for Mom and she said Misty had died.  We don’t know how.  She might have been depressed because the eggs didn’t hatch, or she might have died of exhaustion from taking care of the eggs to long.  Or maybe it was just her time to go.  I was crying all night.  We made a casket for her out of a check box, and covered and carpeted it with pictures that we drew for her.  We buried her behind the house with her eggs.  Here are the pictures we put on her casket.

From Me:   

pj 12-7-11

From Mark:mkp 12-7-11

From Abbie:ape 12-7-11

From Spencer:sbp 12-7-11b

So I just wanted to write this post For Misty.  We love you and miss you and will see you again someday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Misty. I love you!