Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For my birthday I persuaded Mom and Dad to let us get a pet.  Yesterday after we went to the cemetery for a service about Memorial Day, we got in the car and drove for forty five minutes for what Dad said was a big surprise.  When we got there we pulled into the driveway of a house.  I was hoping we were going to a pet store to get a bird, so I was kind of disappointed that we spent forty five minutes in the car to go visit someone.  Then Mom and Dad went inside and told us to wait in the car.  Mark and Spencer were going crazy.  Dad finally came out and told us we could come inside.  We went inside and into a bedroom with three love birds in it.  “We are looking at getting two of these love birds,” Dad told us.  I was so excited!  We finally had a pet, and just the kind I wanted!  Well, besides a horse, because we don’t have room for one of those (yet).  So we got two love birds.  The green and red one is male and the gray and blue one is female.  We have named the female Misty, but we have no idea what to call the male.  Any suggestions? DSC_0033

3 comments:

Steph said...

well Happy Birthday! Remind your dad about his pet bird and what he named it (him? her? can't remember). He should get a good laugh out of that one.
I think you should name him Iago (the bird from Aladin). Be sure to post when you decide!

hwg2g2 said...

I like Steph's name for the bird! Not sure how I missed this post! Very cool! I am happy for you, remember to keep the cage clean without being asked, parents love it when they don't have to remind their kids to do stuff! It makes them feel like thay are doing a good job!

Pamala said...

I"ve always wanted a horse too!
Laura