Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday Field Trip

On Friday we went to the Clarke Planetarium for a field trip.  We had tons of fun, but the best part was that Dad was one of the parent helpers!  I was in a group with a bunch of my friends and Dad got to be our group leader.IMG_2330IMG_2343Here are some fun things I learned.  If there was a big enough swimming pool Saturn would float because its density is lighter than water.   A solid rocket is about eight feet in diameter.  Here’s a pictures of the solid rocket with my friends.IMG_2356Meteorites are often funny shapes because they get so hot in the air that they explode, and then the wind, while it is still extremely hot, rounds the corners and makes it funny shapes.  
After we looked around a little we went into the Dome Theater for a star show about the moon and the seasons. Did you know that the earth is farthest away form the sun in the summer, not the winter?  It sure doesn't feel like it!IMG_2359We got to go on a space roller coaster, and man was it cool!  I told Dad that when I got to heaven that I would ask Heavenly Father if I could get one of my own, but Dad said that I wouldn't need one because I would have my own world.
While we were waiting for the movie to start we all sat down and played Down By The Banks; Dad even joined us.  We had a lot of fun and it was good for passing the time.
At lunch we didn't have tables, so we used the lunch crates that dad was carrying and made a great little picnic table, which was much better than the ground.
IMG_2362

2 comments:

momwoodward said...

What a fun activity. It was nice your Dad got to go.

Tori Asay said...

yeah karri is stuffing her face in that picture. that was HILARIOUS!! your dad did a great job keeping us "in order"