Friday, November 12, 2010

Leadership Conference

On Wednesday our student council got to go to a leadership conference.  We had some great talks on how we could increase our leadership skills.  It was the best meeting  (out of church) that I had ever had.  We had great speakers like Jason Hewlett, Josh Hewlett, Verne Larson, and Brad Barton.  You are suppose to  save best for last, and so I did.  Take a few guesses and then read the next sentence.  Okay, If you guessed John Bytheway then you are right!  When I saw his name on the schedule I was SO excited!  Finally his it was time for his speech.  His was the last, so after this we were going to go back to school.  We settled back in our seats, and had a wonderful talk.  He told us the “What’s in you backpack?”  story, and my favorite, “The kidney story.”  It was funny because I had already watched his video, and at the beginning he said “Whenever I ask kids what this is (Really it is a picture of a kidney) They always say, It’s an ear!"  So when he pulled up the picture of the kidney I was able to say it’s a kidney, but I didn’t  say it loud enough, so he didn’t hear me.  Oh, well.  It was a wonderful meeting.  After it was over, I quickly asked the teacher that was with us if I could go get his autograph.  She told me I could, so one of my friend’s went with us.  There was a little swarm of kids there and he signed our papers.  I was so excited, because I had always wanted to meet John Bytheway.  On the way home we talked about it and were all so happy that we got to come.  I decided that if this was what college was like, then I wanted to get signed up quick! 

2 comments:

Julie said...

It was so fun to listen to all your stories about the day. I'm glad it was a good one.

momwoodward said...

Congrlations!!! on being able to go to the leadership traning. HOW exciting for you to be able to go. Your mom had him for a teacher I think? Ask her