Sunday, October 9, 2011

Recipe of the Week!

This is my favorite soup!  It is perfect for the cold weather we had last week.

Corn Potato Chowder

3 cups water
6 to 7 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
1/2 an onion, chopped
1/2 a green or red bell pepper, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. chicken bouillon
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper

8 oz. frozen corn

1 1/2 cups milk
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
8 oz. cream cheese

Boil the potatoes, onion, peppers, and seasonings in the water about 10 minutes. Add frozen corn and return to a boil. Cook until the potatoes are tender. Whisk the corn starch into the milk and stir into the soup. Add the cream cheese in small chunks and stir until the cream cheese it melted and the soup has thickened.

*Sometimes I add more peppers or corn depending on what I've got in the freezer. The taste of the peppers with the cream cheese really give this soup its tasty flavor. (I use the Neufchatel cream cheese.) Sometimes I have to add a little more salt.

No comments: