Girls Camp was so awesome! I will tell about it from the beginning. On the first day we got there before all the other wards, and set up early. We set up our mattresses ( really air mattresses and foam pads) and our sleeping bags. We set up our backpacks at the ends of our beds and explored the cabin. There is a three foot gap dividing the two cabins and rafters that you can climb on. I got a bunk under Vickie. We have so many girls in our ward, and so few bunks, that only the beehives and some of the leaders got a bunk inside. When everyone else got there we had a flag raising ceremony and some more free time while everyone else got set up. After that we went to dinner, and had a very good devotional about applying the Young Woman's Theme. Then we went to sleep, but I shouldn't call it that, because no one went to sleep, because we were all getting used to it.
On Wednesday we read a chapter in the Book of Mormon then went to flag raising ceremony. On the way back through a trail in the woods, Tori and I were discussing bears, when suddenly we heard a really loud scream, and something big, brown, and furry charged across our path about three feet away from us. We both screamed and finally regained our senses as it reached the edge of the path. It was a deer!
On Thursday we were supposed to go to the lake, but there have been so many recent deaths at lakes that we went on a hike instead. It was three miles but it didn't seem that long. Tori and I taught friendship bracelets to a bunch of girls and leaders.
On Friday we had a testimony meeting as a ward. It was my favorite part of Girls Camp. It was so spiritual, and after we went inside we read the testimonies that our parents wrote us. That is when I started to cry, it was so touching. It was definitely what I will look forward to next year.
I got a mobile with the young woman values on them, a stuffed animal dog named mittens, a notebook and pencil with a cloth cover, a book made into a bag, and some really cute hair things.
Hope you have a great week, and I will try to post more often!
Sunday, July 17, 2011
Girls Camp
Labels:
favorites,
friends,
funny stuff,
holiday,
vacation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I loved girl's camp, I'm glad you had sooooo much fun!
Sounds like you had a fun time. Girls camp is the best.
Girls camp is so fun! I am so glad you had such a great time!
Post a Comment